Monday, May 2, 2011

Internship Presentation

On April 27 I gave my internship presentation to Tom Mullin's Interpretive Methods class. Overall it went well; it was roughly 25 minutes long and I think the students got something out of it. I had honestly forgotten that I had to do a presentation as one of the final steps to the internship, but luckily Tom Mullin reminded me and I had time to prepare. However, I only went in with four power point slides, a handout for the class, and an article for the CMBG portion of the talk. When Tom asked me to do the presentation I thought to myself "what do I even say?" The reason for that is because we are still waiting to hear back from the director of CMBG on what she wants. The whole process for the past two months has been giving her what she asks for and then she turns around and decides she wants something different. Currently and most recently, she has finished texts from us but she doesn't want any graphics for her graphic designer to get ideas from, and she asked Catherine and I to come up with some inter-actives. At the beginning phase of all this she did not want graphics because they were going to be too expensive. So in my preparation for my presentation I had not idea how to explain what we were doing and had done because as of right now it is an unfinished process.

For the part when I talked about being the teacher's assistant for the Environmental Citizen class I simply took the class into the hall where the finished exhibit is being shown right now. I think having the exhibit in front of the class instead of just pictures was better overall for the students because they could actually see a finished product of the work that I was explaining. It was also good because it allowed for the students to ask more questions and to give feedback on it as a prototype.

No comments:

Post a Comment