Monday, February 21, 2011

Meeting 1 Notes

· “If a plant designed a building…” on each sign

o Mascot plant on each sign as head icon: beach pea

· Quotes in gallery, maybe on some signage

· Sign material: bamboo or composites, leaf shapes of indigenous plants

· Most important features to focus on for signage:

o Water

o Solar energy

o Thermal envelope

o Passive energy

o The reason chose maple floors over bamboo

o Explain Net zero/LEED platinum/U.S. green building standards (place right in front of model)

· We need to rework text so that mascot is talking in fun, excited, clean voice.

· Timeline: Finished texts to CMBG by April 1st

o done July 1st, opening July 15th


To my surprise the meeting was not boring; I thoroughly enjoyed it. Maybe because I actually knew what was being talked about. I even got to talk a little bit, I told the group about the passive solar setup for the model, and also asked what kind of tone they wanted the mascot to have on the signage. They all thought this was a very good question and I was pretty impressed with myself. We also walked around the unfinished building and saw the space that we are going to be using. This was very helpful to me and Catherine because we had only seen floor plans, and now we can get our minds around what we can do with the space and how.

No comments:

Post a Comment